Friday, May 15, 2009

Holy shitballs!


In recent years, I find myself saying more and more goodbyes to people I’ve come to adore and cherish so very much. But depending on how you look at it, that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Do you know how many amazing people I have to say goodbye—and thus, hello!—to? The glass is overflowingly full, my loves.


For those of you I haven’t spoken to in a while, turns out I’m not cut out to be a Sociologist (although here’s a shout out to my magnificent friends who are!). Instead, I’ve decided to embark on the journey less traveled…(which is basically a more eloquent way of stating that I have no idea of what I'm going to do, but I'm excited just the same). Apparently, this journey is also meant to start in India. I fly out in less than 24 hours (hence, the holy shitballs!), to join my best friend, the extraordinary Lizard Queen, in Mysore, India. There I’ll begin a summer of traveling, yoga practices, meditations, worldly explorations, laughing, monsoons, attaining enlightenment, and whatever else comes my way. Equipped with a new fancy travel pack, my yoga mat, some wrap skirts, and my Martin backpacker guitar (aka “Martin”), I’ve been fortunate to have been wished well by so many in the last few weeks. Blessed with loving friends and family in every corner of my life, it turns out that these “goodbyes” are nothing more than “can’t wait to see you agains!”


So then.... from my newest nearests and dearests in CT to my dad and brother in NY, from my extraordinary Jax Beach crew to my old USF buddies, from my indescribably dynamic mom n’ P to the insanely loud and funny Rosenbaum/Four/Falk collective, from old high school friends to the one who is my most recent unexpected happy....


I can’t wait to see you again! And until I do, you can find details about my travels, including pics, videos, virtual love, ramblings and other goodies here.


From across the universe, with much love and peace always,

The girl with kaleidoscope I’s :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm already missing you, Becca!!!! Have a lot of inspiration and fun in India - I'm sure this will be one of those "life trips" for you.

    Luv u lots,

    Sergio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip Becca! I can't wait to read all about your exciting, inspiring, and illuminating travels. Thanks for including me in your blog. Can't wait for you to meet Jude and see how big Brennan is when you get back to Florida. Sending love, hugs, and peaceful energy to you all the way to India! Mwah! -Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your journey was safe... please let us know how Mysore was after the passing of Pattabhi Jois. will it change your training? will they close the school for mourning/rememberence? thx!

    ReplyDelete